French Country Dresser Makeover {DIY Chalk Paint}

Like furniture makeovers? You may want to sign up for my free email subscription here
In case you missed my guest post over at Maison de Pax, I wanted to share it here as well:

Just another Craigslist furniture makeover….
A French country dresser makeover…

French Country Dresser Makeover with Homemade Chalk Paint  {rainonatinroof.com} #frenchcountry #french #DIY #chalkpaint #makeover #painting #furniture

Isn’t she a beauty? I love love love the gray and white contrast. She had humble beginnings:

She was pretty beat up when I found her on Craigslist. The bottom right drawer front was actually off when I brought her home. Grunt Labor fixed it for me. I gave her a good cleaning and a light sanding.

For the body, I mixed up some homemade chalk paint with a simple white paint sample I had on hand.

For the drawers, I mixed up more homemade chalk paint, but this time I just played with colors to come up with a custom gray color. I started with white and added some dark gray left over from the french country chest makeover

It took about two coats of the gray on the drawers and three of the white.

I kept the original hardware (love that style) and gave it a fresh coat of white spray paint.

I’m happy to say this piece, hmmm, she needs a name………I shall call her Vivian, is already in a new happy home. Vivian sold within five days of being listed!

Have you done any furniture makeovers lately? If you have, leave a link in the comments so I can check it out! I LOVE seeing furniture makeovers!

Sign up to get my posts delivered to your inbox here

Bloglovin / Pinterest / Facebook / Twitter / Google+ / Instagram

Comments

Love how your dresser turned out. Beautiful.
    I have been trying out some DIY chalk paint this week too, but the non-sanded grout is though! Doesn’t it dry way to fast for you? At least for me it does. I didn’t like it!
    Have a great weekend.

Great job. You have inspired me to paint my French Provincial tables the same colors! I especially love that you painted the handles white!

Beautiful! I actually have the entire bedroom set of that same style. It was my mother in laws and I’m going to re paint it for my daughter. Right now that dresser has found a home in my great room. I store crafts and toys in it at the moment!

so pretty Jenna! I love making my own chalk-like paint. ;)
    gail
    ps Can I ask you how you put your “follow along” in your posts? do you add it to each post manually? or is it a hook? I have been wanting to do that because of google reader going away. I have EIGHT followers on bloglovin’ currently. lol

Hi Jenna, I love how your dresser turned out. Come by sometime & link up my parties start new each Friday. Theresa @ DearCreatives.com or just drop by if you like.

6. Christine says

Oh Jenna!! It turned out PERFECT! I just LOVE the colors too!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer!! See you tomorrow evening!

7. Rita F. says

I love what you did with this old dresser. I have been searching for a dresser in exactly this style to match a night-table which I refinished in black and gold for a very Parisian look. My night-table would match this style of dresser perfectly. I’d love to leave you a photo of my before and after restoration.

8. Christie says

Approximately how much labor time was this to refinish the dresser minus any drying time but your actual labor? Just trying to see if I actually have the time to take on this project.
    Thanks

9. karen says

THIS IS FANTASTIC! I even have 2 dressers very similar to this. They belonged to my parents and are looking quite worn. I am stunned at how beautiful the transformation is and can’t wait to give it a try!