You won’t believe how easy it is to make this DIY cupcake holder! Not only are these cupcake holders adorable, but they are also super easy to make, can be easily customized to fit your party decor and you can make them with items you find at the thrift store! Here’s how to make a cupcake stand that will wow your party crowd…
Yes, me again. Back with more DIY party decorations from the blue and pink birthday party extravaganza. This time, I’m super excited to share these DIY cupcake stands with you. I think they are just adorable and I made them using items I found at thrift stores!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
DIY Cupcake Stand
Materials and Supplies Needed:
- Candlestick Holders – doesn’t have to be a certain size or color, although I wouldn’t go too terribly tall with them. Can be wood, metal or whatever else.
- Old Baking Pans with Pretty Edges – old tart pans work great for this, or just about any round or square pan with fluted or pretty edges. I found mine at Goodwill.
- Liquid Nails or E6000 Glue or ProBond Glue (A glue that will adhere metal to wood. I used Liquid Nails.)
- Spray Paint Color of Your Choice – I opted for white so that I would have white cupcake stands that could work with lots of different party themes.
- Scrapbook Paper that coordinates with your party’s theme or colors
Be sure that the candlesticks and baking pans are clean. Attach the old baking pans to the candlesticks using whichever glue you opted to go with. For me, my pans looked best flipped upside down on the candlestick with the fluted edges pointing down. It’s up to you, though!
Let the glue fully cure overnight.
Spray paint the cupcake stands with the color of spray paint you opted for. Let dry completely. You could also opt to spray paint the candlesticks and pans different colors before gluing if you wanted to go for a really colorful or contrasting look.
After the cupcake holders are completely dry, cut a circle or square out of your coordinating scrapbook paper that is roughly the size of the top of your cupcake stand tops.
Place the paper on the top of the stand to add a little more pizzaz to the stands. You don’t have to glue it on, it should just sit on top of the stands. Then, for your next party, you can switch up the paper to work for that party’s theme.
Aren’t these just adorable little cupcake display ideas? And so easy and cheap to make!
The cost of this project:
• Baking Dishes: $1.50 each = $3 total
• Candlestick Holders: Free (my aunt was going to throw them away. hello?! Give them to the hoarder, please!)
• Spray paint and liquid nails were all on hand already!
Bam! That’s what I call a deal!
Other great ideas you could do with these:
• Use as a cake stand or cake plate for smaller cakes.
• Make the stands using various sized baking pans and candleholders, then glue one on top of another to create a tiered cupcake stand or cupcake tower.
Have you made your own cupcake stands before?
Looking for more great DIY party decor ideas?
DIY Party Decorations on a Budget – my best party decor that doesn’t break the bank, but still leaves guests oohing and ahhing.
How to Make a Party Hat – completely (and easily!) customizable for any event!
DIY Plastic Tablecloth Party Backdrop – don’t worry, you’re going to make those cheap tablecloths look so pretty!
Want to remember these little cupcake stands for later? Just pin the image below!
Get more creative ideas on social media!