How to Make a Cupcake Stand
Materials and Supplies Needed
- Old Wood Candlesticks – doesn’t have to be a certain size or color, although I wouldn’t go too terribly tall with them.
- Old Baking Pans with Pretty Edges – old tart pans work great for this, or just about any round or square pan with fluted or pretty edges. I found mine at Goodwill.
- Liquid Nails or E6000 Glue or ProBond Glue (A glue that will adhere metal to wood. I used Liquid Nails.)
- Spray Paint Color of Your Choice – I opted for white so that I would have white cupcake stands that could work with lots of different party themes.
- Scrapbook Paper that coordinates with your party’s theme or colors
Be sure that the candlesticks and baking pans are clean. Attach the old baking pans to the candlesticks using whichever glue you opted to go with. For me, my pans looked best flipped upside down on the candlestick with the fluted edges pointing down. It’s up to you, though!
Let the glue fully cure overnight.
Spray paint the cupcake stands with the color of spray paint you opted for. Let dry completely.