Target Dollar Spot Trays Hack {A Fabulous Fifteen Minute Hack}

I’m not quite sure if this is considered a hack or an upcycle.

I’m a pathetic excuse for a DIY blogger, aren’t I?

I was definitely up-cycling these trays into something better, but I guess I’m also hacking them too?

I settled on a hack.

Because it sounds more scandalous.

And I’m nothing if I’m not scandalous.

If you only knew the half of it…..

Target Hack Dollar Spot Trays via rainonatinroof.com #targethack #diytray

Aren’t they so pretty?

Don’t they look expensive?

Don’t shatter my dreams if you don’t like them.

I am in love with them and just know they will look fabulous on my coming-soon bar cart.

So, seriously, these took less than 15 minutes to hack. They already came in those super cute green and blue colors.

Target Hack Dollar Spot Trays via rainonatinroof.com #targethack #diytrayGeez, the lighting is terrible in my craft room. But you can see where they were just $1, right?

And they also come in pink and yellow colors as well.

To do these, I took a gold Sharpie paint pen (affiliate link), and just ran it along the lines, edges, and corners of the tray.

Target Hack Dollar Spot Trays via rainonatinroof.com #targethack #diytray

Yup, real hardcore DIY stuff, y’all.

Each tray has little dots, so with the green one, I just pressed my marker over the dots to make the polka dot pattern.

Target Hack Dollar Spot Trays via rainonatinroof.com #targethack #diytray

Wouldn’t these be fabulous little gifts too?

Target Hack Dollar Spot Trays via rainonatinroof.com #targethack #diytray
Give it with a fab necklace or some smell good lotion.

Target Hack Dollar Spot Trays via rainonatinroof.com #targethack #diytray

I picked these up just last week and they had tons of them, so I’m sure you can still get some.

If you hurry.

Target Hack Dollar Spot Trays via rainonatinroof.com #targethack #diytrayLove trays?

Me too. Some, myself included, would even call me a tray whore. You can see the evidence for yourself:

Looking for more tray ideas? Check these out:

DIY Lucite Trays

This DIY Monogram Tray would make a fab Christmas gift as well.

DIY Monogram Tray via rainonatinroof.comDIY Monogram Tray

With this navy and white chevron tray makeover, I showed you the easiest way ever to do a chevron pattern. Ever.

Chevron Tray via rainonatinroof.comEasy Chevron Tray

This vanity tray was once stuck in 1988 and barely made it out alive or through the half-off Goodwill day.

Thrifted Tray Makeover via rainonatinroof.comGlass Vanity Tray Makeover

Comments

1. Beth says

LOVE!!!! I need a retacular tray for my bathroom, I will be on the look out for something similiar and take advantage of your idea of using a sharpie pen to embellish it!

I’m totally heading to Target tomorrow! You find some gems from time to time in those dollar bins of theirs. They do look quite elegant and expensive! And I like how the polka dot pattern is already laid out for you to accentuate with the pen. Great idea, Jenna! Thank you for sharing! :)

I actually picked up some of these at Target to do some wall art for my son. But I really REALLY love what you did! I may just have to go back!

4. Cathy says

Jenna, you’ve finally crossed that line…over to my crafti-ness level lol!! These are SO cute!! What a great & easy idea. We just had a Target store open in our area (they bought out some of the Zellers stores we had, the one that Walmart didn’t buy). I haven’t been yet but will go soon to see what all the hype’s about. I am always reading on blogs of buying this or that at Target! So can’t wait to see what bargains I can find there myself…

I looovvveee trays too. Mainly timber and rattan, but lately I’ve been finding silver ones at my local charity shop that no one else seems to love. I like your quick and easy tray hack. They look really cute. I’m not sure if those trays are available in Target here in Australia but I’ll be looking for something similar.

You did a beautiful job on this! I had seen your thumbnail for this somewhere and when I was at Targe’ yesterday, it took all of my willpower NOT to buy these and try them too… love what you did!

Back off everyone, I’m heading out tomorrow to Target and there’d better be some trays left! I’m such a sucker for hexagons, you have NO idea. Great hack/upcycle. Now to push aside all the other Target Dollar Spot shoppers to get some…

These look so nice and expensive!!! I really love this idea, and I am going to Target RIGHT NOW to try to find these little trays! Thanks for sharing!

DANG IT!!! I totally say these Target Dollar Spot trays and picked them up, and looked at them, and considered them, and put them back down… BECAUSE, my brain did NOT envision this lovely hack/upcycle for them…. poop. Gonna have to go back to Target and see if they still have any, AND pick up some lucite frame/trays as well…. THANKS for sharing your brain with us, LOL!!!!

1. […] November 25, 2013 by Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof Leave a Comment Welcome to Give Me The Goods Monday Link Party!  We have five hosts here at Give Me the Goods, so that means your links show up on five blogs! We can’t wait to see what goods you brought this week!  I am happy to say that last week, my Christmas decor finally left my dining room table and made it into its seasonal spot. And after it was all done, there was much cheap beer to be had. Here are my goods from last week: Target Dollar Spot Trays Hack […]