Table Makeover with Mod Podge and Wrapping Paper

If you like fabulous furniture makeovers, you may want to sign up for my free email updates here

Mod Podged Table Top Makeover {rainonatinroof.com} #modpodge #makeover #DIY

I am so happy to be getting back in the groove of things and show you guys a project of mine.

A colorful and favorite project of mine.

A table makeover with Mod Podge and wrapping paper.

I never could have imagined that this table would end up so cute in the end.

Coral & Green Striped Table {rainonatinroof.com} #makeover #diy #coral #green #stripes

I picked it up at a yard sale a few months back. Initially, I thought I would just do a quick flip of it. I was going to paint it a simple white and make the handle gold.

The table decided it would not be a quick flip. No, no, no. It decided it had been forgotten for far too long and needed something more.

After I had sanded it and attempted to fill the gouges and scratches with putty, the table top surface just would not become smooth.

I gave up and tossed it to the side for a couple weeks until I was at Home Goods one day and found some gorgeous green and white striped wrapping paper. I bought the paper knowing it would look great on the table.

After looking at the green in the wrapping paper, I decided the table needed some more color to go along with that pop of green. I pulled out the paint I used on my daughter’s dresser in the nursery and gave the legs and sides a couple coats of Salmon Pink by Behr. I painted the bottom shelf white. I didn’t want there to be too much of a good thing with the coral.

Next, I brought the table inside and laid the wrapping paper over the top to get an idea of what size to cut it down to.

Mod Podged Table Top Makeover {rainonatinroof.com} #modpodge #makeover #DIY

Sorry for the terrible lighting photo, but literally, that’s all I did, lay it on the table and cut it out.

Once I cut it out, I put a coat of mod podge on the table top, laid the paper on top and gave the top a few coats of Mod Podge to protect it. I put the mod podge along the edges as well and pressed the paper under the top as I went.

Green Striped and Pink Table Makeover {rainonatinroof.com} #furnituremakeover

Wrapping Paper Topped Table {rainonatinroof.com} #wrappingpaper #modpodge #makeover

I gave the handle a coat of gold spray paint.

Green Striped & Coral Table {rainonatinroof.com} #green #striped #makeover

Pink and Green Table Makeover {rainonatinroof.com} #makeover

Coral and Green Table Makeover {rainonatinroof.com} #coral #green #makeover

I apologize for the excess photos.

Wait. No. I don’t apologize. She looks fabulous. Her photo should be everywhere.

Where did she go, you ask?

Oh, she only sold within 30 minutes of being listed.

No, I’m not kidding. I told you she was fabulous.

Need more furniture makeover fixes? Head here.

Sign up to get my posts delivered to your inbox here

Bloglovin / Pinterest / Facebook / Twitter / Google+ / Instagram

Comments

Love it! Seriously, I just bought a table very similar for $6 at a thrift shop and painted the whole thing. I never even considered Mod Podge… but now I will! Look out Homegoods, Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx… I’m coming for your wrapping paper! haha Coming over from Life Inspired. :)

Wow, Jenna, I LOVE this table and this idea. The colors look so great together, the whole piece is gorgeous and really pops. I’m off to buy some wrapping paper…who knew?? PS- your hydrangeas aren’t bad either! ;)

3. JaneEllen says

Oh you are a life saver featuring this gorgeous table re-do. It looks so pretty and in my favorite colors.
    Couple of weeks ago I acquired a table very similar to yours to fix up, hopefully sell. Been going back and forth on what I’d do with it, you have rescued me. I hope mine comes half as pretty as yours. You sure have inspired me. Just have to get some more sand paper so I can clean it up correctly. Did you use chalk paint or plain old paint? The top of mine has an insert with veneer so have to make it look pretty. Just might try the paper route as you did. Happy days

4. Beth says

Yes she is FABULOUS! And she is perfect on my new screened in porch! I will have to post a pic! Thanks so much!

Gorgeous! I would have never thought to use wrapping paper like that. I too have a nightstand that has been pushed in a corner for far too long. It’s got great bones I just don’t have the right vision for it. This really opens up my options.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sarah

Thank you for linking up at my Furniture and Paint Party! I love these colors together, what a fun table!
    Hope to see you again Wednesday 8PM!
    Brooke
    startathome.blogspot.com

LOVE IT!! I’m workin’ on a sofa table using the same color combos and I’m happy to see how GREAT it looks. Pinning your project!!

Hey Jenna! Thanks for linking up to Life Inspired. I am featuring your project tomorrow ;) I love the transformation and the colors you used!! -Kelsey

She DOES look fabulous! super makeover with a great updated look on this old table Jenna!
    Hey… did our paths cross at Haven? I don’t remember meeting you… that makes me sad. :(
    catching you!
    gail

TOTALLY fabulous. I wouldn’t have looked twice at the before table. The colors you chose are so perfect. Totally in love, and not surprised you sold it so quickly.

Hi Jenna,

This is gorgeous. I love it. We are featuring this post in our Top 10 Post Features from Pin It Monday hop. It will be published this Thursday :)

Judy