UPDATE: In two years, I turned my blog into a full time income.
It didn’t happen overnight – it took hard work and determination. There was no overnight success.
I have written down all my techniques and strategies for building my blog, growing my brand and profiting from my passion in one place –
You can read more about what you will learn in Standing Out, as well as testimonials from other bloggers here.
Onto How to Grow Your Blog with Pinterest….
Pinterest is big. Wait, let me rephrase. Pinterest is ginormous. Really guys, its huge. A LARGE portion of my blog traffic is due to Pinterest. That’s why I told you to pin your own photos in the 12 Tips to Grow Your Blog post! Because Pinterest is so big, its a great source for growing your blog!
Here’s how to grow your blog with Pinterest.
|Blah!!! Photo from a 2011 blog post about a lamp makeover|
And here is a photo from later on in my blogging career about another lamp makeover:
- Make sure you have a “Pin It” button on each photo in a blog post. You can read about doing this in my 12 Tips to Grow Your Blog post.
- Having Pinterest followers is VERY important. Make sure there is a place on your blog where readers can find your Pinterest account and follow along. I have the social media buttons on the top of my sidebar.
- Pin your own photos! I talked about this in my 12 Tips post, but wanted to remind you! Pin your photos onto more than one of your boards. Some people only follow certain boards and not all of them. Like for my lamp makeover post, I would pin it on my Rain on a Tin Roof board (just for my blog posts) and on my DIY board.
- Add a Pinterest Tab to your Facebook page. This will allow people who like your Facebook page to see that you have a Pinterest account, look at your pins and follow you. Go here to learn how to install it. My Facebook fan page is shown below with the Pinterest tab.
- If you haven’t converted your personal Pinterest account to a business account, do it now. This allows your url to be seen on your Pinterest profile (like you see on mine below). Go here to convert your account.
- Did you know you can see what people pin from your site? Yep, you can! Get ready to stalk this page! Go to: http://pinterest.com/source/YOURBLOGURLHERE Make sure you include the dot com. For example, when I want to see what people are pinning from my site I type in http://pinterest.com/source/rainonatinroof.com. Go see what people are pinning from your blog, it will give you an idea of what people like from your blog and what you could post more about.
- Don’t just pin photos from your blog. Share the love! Pin things you truly like or that describe you. It helps your followers know what kind of person you are.
I would love to have you follow me on Pinterest! I pin all sorts of crazy things, y’all!
What are your Pinterest tips?
Read more of the grow your blog series:
You know you don’t wanna miss any of this crazy.
Sign up to get my posts delivered to your inbox here.
Stalk Me Here: