How to Make a Lamp Out of a Bottle (Easier than you think!)

I’m sure you’ve seen many bottle lamps around. Aren’t they gorgeous? I just love them. However, they tend to have a high price tag. Luckily, I’m going to show you how to make a lamp out of a bottle yourself. How to Make a Lamp Out of a Bottle via RainonaTinRoof.com #DIYbottlelamp #bottlelamp

How to Make a Lamp Out of a Bottle

Remember that awesome old wine bottle I bought at the Insyde Outsyde shop back in September?

Pottery Barn sells these bottles for a ridiculous amount of $$$, but luckily I found a great deal on one and turned it into a lamp. All I did was buy a bottle lamp kit and harp at Lowe’s and away I went.

The lamp kit is way easy to do. Just follow the instructions on the back. Pretty soon, I had this….

But, I needed a shade. Luckily, I had picked one up at a Goodwill half-off day for about a buck.

I got some of those leftover burlap bags that Lowe’s let me have (and what I had used on my burlap bench) and re-covered the shade in it, then added a ribbon detail. Finally, I came up with this…

What do you think of my DIY bottle lamp?

I hope I helped you learn how to make a lamp out of a bottle yourself!

Comments

This is gorgeous. It reminds me of ones I’ve seen in PB or Crate & Barrel. I love the color of the bottle and the shade is beautiful. I’m visiting from TT & J.

That is such a wonderful idea. Now I know what to do with the large wine bottle I would at a store in Va beach. Thank you for sharing. So the wire for the lamp does it go on the outside. I don’t recall reading about drilling a hole. Pining this to my to do list.

Vidya, thanks for stopping by! This is super easy to do! Yes, the wire stays on the outside. It just hangs down form the back. Once you buy the kit, you will see.

Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

3. Mandy says

Love this, I have a wine bottle sitting on my counter right now that this would be perfect for!

Thanks a bunch!

So cute! I love that you can buy that little lamp kit! OMG I think I will try this. I seriously never knew you could buy a kit :) I love it! You did good, again. I am still so glad I found your blog last week, my new blog away from home :)

Gorgeous!! I also had no idea you could turn a bottle into a lamp. I’m going to be on the look out for the perfect bottles from now on in :)

6. Christine says

LOVE how it turned out!!! My parents have a lot of vintage bottles! I need to see if I can take one hehe

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

7. suburbsmama says

WOW! Gorgeous lamp! Thank you so much for linking up to my linky party. Hope to see more from you next time.

Jenna, I LOVE this! I gotta try this. I have a jar like this that I don’t know what to do with other than stick pennies in it LOL
    Jamie