Duck Tape Trim Curtains {Trash to Treasure}

After a little hiatus, the Trash to Treasure gals are back!

I hope you are ready for some great projects and inspiration! Today, I’m very excited to show you how I salvaged the curtains in my guest room / office instead of having to buy new ones.

Duck Tape Trim Curtains via RainonaTinRoof.com #ducktape #ikeacurtain #hackDuck Tape Trim Curtains

That’s right, people, I used Duck Tape on my curtains.

When I was plotting out the guest bedroom and office, I knew something had to happen with the curtains. They were just basic IKEA white panels and they were boring. We had them left over from our old house and there they had been against dark blue walls and worked perfectly.

I wanted to switch out the curtains completely and had them pulled down and ready to go in the yard sale pile.

But………..

I really didn’t want to spend money on new curtains. Surprise, surprise.

So, I held onto them for a little while longer. And then one day, while meandering through Michael’s attempting to keep the kid from jumping out the cart and escaping my rule, I happened upon Gold Duck Tape*. Gold Duck Tape.

My heart stopped.

I had to catch my breath.

And it was on sale.

I snatched up two of those bad boys, the kid, and headed for the cash register.

Because I didn’t have much time, and wanted to make this as easy as possible, I just put the Duck Tape along the edges of the curtains and called it done.

Duck Tape Trim Curtains via RainonaTinRoof.com #ducktape #ikeacurtain #hack

Check out the askew pull on that chest. Obviously, I’m a perfectionist.

Duck Tape Trim Curtains via RainonaTinRoof.com #ducktape #ikeacurtain #hack

The Duck Tape has been on the curtains for over a month and hasn’t budged.

Duck Tape Trim Curtains via RainonaTinRoof.com #ducktape #ikeacurtain #hackWhat do you think? Can you embellish some curtains with Duck Tape*?

Want more Duct Tape fun?

There are 20+ Duct Tape craft and project ideas here!

And even more Duct Tape projects here.

Check out the other Trash to Treasure gal’s projects as well:

PAINTED METAL CLOCK thumbnail

Painted Metal Clock from AKA Design

DIY-ruffled-tablecloth-300px-1

DIY Ruffled Tablecloth from So Much Better with Age

spring-front-door-thistlewood

Spring Front Door Decorating from Thistlewood Farms

*Affiliate link.

Comments

1. Cindy Trobaugh says

Oh Happy Day! Can’t wait to go get some after work today and try this out….Didn’t even know they had it in Gold. You saved a out the door pair of Curtains…Love Love ~

Thank you so much for telling me, Crystal. I had no idea. I just checked it on my end and see what you are talking about. The header seems clickable, but the actual post title is not. I’ve emailed MailChimp to get it fixed! Thank you so much!

2. Amy says

This is such a great idea! And they look so pretty with the chest of drawers. The ideas are endless. Cut a curtain down to make a valance, cover it with duct tape. Always wanted striped curtains, duct tape! hahaha, except when you have to wash them ….

3. Sandi P says

I have that tape, and so far I’ve only used it to wrap a bottle and make a Dalek key fob (Dr. Who fans will know what I’m talking about). I love what you did with the curtains, and that tape is practically indestructible! I’m looking around for something else to use it on now that I’ve seen what you did.

I was just thinking of using duct tape on some old white curtains that I have. I went to home depot and the color options were limited. Your curtains turned out great!

Great idea to use tape! So cute! Love the look!

We would love for you to come link up Mondays 8:00am EST at Your Designs This Time.

WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF GENIUS OR SOMETHING!?!?! This is perfection! I literally made curtains about 2 months ago, and painstakingly measured, ironed, hemmed, sewed, and cussed some gold fabric trim on the inner section of the drapes… b/c I’m obsessed with that look! And lo and behold I could’ve used GOLD DUCK TAPE! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

I am happily featuring your duck taped trimmed curtains on Tickled Pink Times Two tonight. I can’t wait to see you there :)
    Make it a pink day!