Wrapping Paper Lined Cabinet

Everyone has seen the pins where people add wallpaper, or paint stencils, or simply paint the backs of their cabinets and shelves to add some depth and more interest. Well, I wanted to do something similar, but I didn’t have a lot of time to do it (if only I didn’t require sleep!) and didn’t want to spend a lot of $$ on it either (I’m just plain ‘ol cheap). Enter $0.50 a roll Target wrapping paper.
Yes, people. $0.50!!! And its cute wrapping paper!! It was originally just $1, but luckily for my cheap butt, it was half off at the dollar spot after Christmas! Whoo Hoo!!
I have my Great Grandmother’s china cabinet which I turned liquor cabinet that I wanted to add something more to (Close your mouth, she would want me to use it, and not just leave it in a corner somewhere, even if it means it is now a liquor cabinet.)
This is the before:
Wrapping Paper Lined Cabinet {rainonatinroof.com} #wrapping #paper #cabinet #stylish #storage
It was cluttered and all black. Not a lot of detail at all. It definitley needed something!
And this is the after:
Y’all, it was SO simple and easy. I was super lazy that day, so it had to be if it was going to get done! I just held the wrapping paper up between the shelves to get a rough estimate of the height I needed to cut. Then, I cut it and put it between each shelf against the back of the cabinet, took a razor blade and cut off the excess. The lines are not perfect, but who can tell?! And all I did to hold it onto the back was scotch tape. Seriously! Just plain, old, some generic brand, tape! And its held up so far for 2 weeks! What do ya’ll think?
And that’s my wrapping paper lined cabinet. What do you think?

Comments

It looks great! I loved your comment about sleep. Since I have to go to work each day

I would have so much more time to get projects done if I just eliminated sleep.

Have a great day

This is an amazing transformation for so little cost and effort! Wow! The before picture is so dark, then bam! After picture is so stunning! I love it! Time to pick up some wrapping paper!

It looks great! I’ve been wanting to try this but wasn’t sure what to use to adhere…good to know tape works. Your comment about your grandmother would want you to use it even if it’s a liquor cabinet seriously made me laugh out loud! Thanks!
    Jessica @ ahumblecreation.com

It looks great! I did the same thing in my built-in shelves, and it is amazing the difference it makes. People had never even noticed the shelves until I put the paper up. LOL

Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week!

I found you at Beneath My Heart Linky party. The shelves look beautifut and I love the ease of it. I’ve been thinking about doing something similar with maps on a bookshelf in my den. Thanks for sharing!
    renee @ Lattenene Chat

6. Diane says

Jenna I just LOVE THIS! What a great idea and love how it was done on a “dime”! I can’t wait to apply this to something around the house! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing! I am going to be hunting for some wrapping paper now!

7. Susie says

WOW so bright you can see all the bottles now. I’m sure “Eva” has forgiven you for using her China cabinet for the liquor cab. So cute, and clever.