I am not one to totally change my entire home decor around a new trend. If I like it, sure, I’ll incorporate it into my space. If not, oh well. I’m cool with not being cool in other’s eyes.
That’s their problem – not mine. I’m awesome.
Trends come and go way too often for me to have a big commitment to them, unless I love them.
And I am loving some of Home Depot’s current trend colors.
Home Depot has named a few of their paints as trend colors and I’ve selected some of my favorites below along with some ideas and projects to add them into your home decor easily. I’ll be showing you my projects I completed with the trend colors throughout the week!
Nine Ways to add Color Trends in Your Home
1. Add a stripe of color such as Wet Coral or Lagoon to the top of a side table for a pop of color.
2. Take a basic outdoor AstroTurf rug and liven it up with some color. Use painter’s tape to create a fun pattern or basic stripes. The tutorial for this rug can be found here.
3. Make a statement with an accent wall. For low commitment, paint a small wall Juicy Passionfruit or Tropical Lagoon. Decorate the wall with accents painted in Nano White for contrast.
4. Make your bookcase pop by adding color to the back of it. For more depth, try Lagoon. For a fun pop of color, go with Wet Coral.
5. Have a gallery wall? Paint all the photo frames the same color for unity and to highlight the art. Try this with Nano White.
6. Trays have a way of making everything a little more beautiful and are perfect for corralling items. You can make your own tray from MDF (like I did with this one) or scour thrift stores for one to makeover. The latter is exactly what I did with the tray pictured above. I used Nano White, Wet Coral, and Black to turn this piece around.
7. Purchase a large wooden letter that your last name begins with from a craft store. Paint the letter a summery color such as Juicy Passionfruit or Tropical Lagoon. Hang the letter from a ribbon and place it on your front door as a summer wreath alternative.
8. Make a bold statement in your home by painting a large piece of furniture with a trendy color, such as Lagoon. Its a color that makes a statement, but also plays well with other shades.
9. Dress up that indoor plant a little more. Find a basket large enough to put the plant’s pot into. Add stripes of fun colors to the basket. The tutorial for the basket above is here.
And if you are feeling really brave and bold…
Any color trends you are loving right now?
How will you incorporate them into your decor?
All these colors can be found at The Home Depot.
You know you don’t wanna miss any of this crazy.
Sign up to get my posts delivered to your inbox here.
Stalk Me Here:
Disclosure: This post is a collaboration with Home Depot Redbook as one of their Team Red Bloggers.