A while back Grunt Labor and I were laying in bed. I was trying to go to sleep when all of a sudden he said, “You’re the thinset to my tile.”
If you haven’t laid tile before, thinset is what holds the tile to the floor.
I laughed out loud and kissed him goodnight.
The next night, and the night after, and so on he had more quirky ways to say I love you.
And finally, I started writing them in my phone every night when he said them because they were just too good to ever forget.
In celebration of our 5th wedding anniversary today, a.k.a. the day we were as sweaty as pigs, even at our knees, I thought I would share some of my favorites:
1. You’re the thinset to my tile.
2. You’re the glaze to my donut.
3. You’re the WD to my 40.
4. You’re the chocolate chips to my pancakes.
5. You’re the rings to my Saturn.
6. You’re the knick-knack to my patty-whack.
7. You’re the swoosh to my Nike.
8. You’re the mate to my soul.
9. You’re the air to my max.
Happy Anniversary, Grunt.
I didn’t think it was possible to love the same person for one year, needless to say five.
We will be rockin’ Nashville this weekend in celebration. Watch out.
More stories are here.
You know you don’t wanna miss any of this crazy.
Sign up to get my posts delivered to your inbox here.
Stalk Me Here: